- StitchRock is this Saturday. I am insanely excited. I love checking things out like this and I’m really excited that it’s an actual *event* here that I get to go to! I’m just debating if I want to go early enough to try to get a swagbag. (I would need to be one of the first 100 there!)
- Halloween is coming up. It’s one of my favorite holidays. I love haunted houses. Well, actually, I kind of hate them, but I can be a bit of an adrenaline junkie sometimes, so I’m all for doing them! I’m thinking of hitting up a few in Miami this month. A. is going to be a pumpkin this year, by the way.
- A local company is putting The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Seriously, this month can’t get any better. And yes, I totally want to dress up and participate! I’m just trying to get the nerve to properly dress up. And by properly dress up, I mean the black corset and fishnets, of course. :)
- Also, this has nothing to do with October, but I am *dying* to make this Pixelated Pullover.
- Today I have 2500 words to write on Shakespeare and the Machiavelli Prince. How many words have I written so far? Zero. But I still have….13.6 hours left before it needs to be turned in.
- I’ve been reluctant to write much about him, but I totally adore the guy I’ve been seeing. We’re definitely very different and it does give us pause, but we’re trying to let it be what it is. It’s a funny kind of balance, but I’m happy.
- I’m highly considering teaching. I’ve gone back and forth on whether I think I can do it and I’m back on the “I think I can AND should” train. There are a decent number of openings for English teachers for next year.
- I’m really excited that life is still progressing the way it should be. I’m two weeks away from two of my classes finishing and then I’ll be just six credits away from graduating. SIX! I’ve also put in a few applications for part-time jobs, so here’s to hoping!
Bulletpoints it is!
- Last weekend, I randomly took a trip to UCF Friday night and made it back Sunday afternoon. While there were definitely some fun moments (I can’t remember the last time a guy asked me to dance!), I learned that I am much too old to be hanging out with college girls and it weirds me out that to some people I’m in the same dating pool as nineteen year olds. I would elaborate, but this is a whole ‘nother detailed post!
- The guy I’m seeing accidentally told me (sleep-talking) “I think I’m falling in love with you.” Not once, not twice, but three times in a single night. I’m pretty sure I said something like “that’s nice” or “okay” the first time. The second time, I can’t remember what the heck I said, although he did give a mini-speech about how he doesn’t like to say this kinda thing too soon. The third time, I just flat-out ignored it. He was pretty embarrassed when I told him what he had said the next morning. It was odd, though, because at first I couldn’t tell if he was awake or asleep, or if he was just messing with me, but I’m leaning toward letting it go, whatever it was.
- I applied to some jobs and hopefully I can start working some in October!
- I got bit by fire ants for the first time this weekend. :(
- I’ve been spending a lot of time at Starbucks lately, at least twice a week. I join the knitting group that meets there on Thursdays. Oh! And I also switched favorite Starbucks and have been going to that one instead of the one I used to. Shakespeare is kicking my ass, so I’m studying there tomorrow night for a couple hours.
- It’s officially fall! This thrills me because I love wearing dresses and sweaters in the fall.
So my frame has continued to shrink as I continue to exercise. I literally don’t have a pair of jeans that fit well anymore. Even the size 2s I bought last month are too big! A pair of my yoga pants are sagging. My formerly fitted tees are ridiculously loose. I’m starting to swim in my clothing. I happened to have a couple pre-pregnancy shirts around and they fit really well now. My ass is also shrinking, so I had to buy new undies again.
Still, I’m not necessarily the same shape I was when I was 22. I’m still carrying a bit more weight on my bottom half, but overall, I’m really pleased with the changes. :)
“So my guess is you had sex without protection I’m right”
Here’s the thing. I’m really hard to offend. I can get my feelings hurt, but to actually piss me off is quite rare. And this guy managed to do it.
This was on a plain chatting app that I use sometimes that connects you to people all around the world. I wrote on my profile that I was a mom. And that was some random dude’s take on it.
Yeah, sure, I had unprotected sex…with the guy I was married to. We found out we were pregnant after being married for two years. It’s not as if I was being irresponsible or that my daughter was some kind of accident, the way he’s insinuating.
What a fucking asshole.